
I am a little late in posting this, but wanted to share still! From April 24-27 I was blessed to be able to go visit my dad's side of the family in Minnesota. The doc cleared me to fly the day before I left and told me it's good I was going now because I should not be flying much further along than I was! I wouldn't have missed this time in the world. My Grandpa Bob was recently diagnosed with leukemia, and ever since we found out, I have been on a mission to get to see him and spend some good quality time. He was feeling really great the whole weekend, so we had such a great time together. We ate, talked, watched my grandpa sell bikes (his hobby business), played cards and just spent good quality time being together. It doesn't get much better than that! My aunt, uncle and cousins live there as well, so it was awesome to see them too! My parents were there and Jason and Christie even flew in from Austria to be there!!! Chris unfortunately wasn't able to come along as he was in crunch time for school with finals and projects looming and working at the hospital on top of it all. We are praying that after our baby arrives, that we all can get back to Minnesota soon after! I love my family so much. They are all so dear to me, and I will cherish the memories of this trip forever.

Grandpa and Grandma's house of almost 35 years...just as I remembered it :)

Me and Grandpa Bobby...I love him SO MUCH!

The whole Johnson side (minus Chris and Chad, Michelle and the boys)

At church on Sunday...it was a great day!

Grandpa Bob is the "Bike Man" in town...and everyone knows it!

Grandpa teaching Dad the ropes to fix bikes

Lounging at my cousin Courtney's house after a great meal -
Check out the size of Captain the dog!

"Bobby the Banker"
Of course I had to beat grandpa at GUTS...a card game our fam always plays

Grandma showed us girls how to make her cinnamon rolls...YUMMY!

Just a couple of suckers!
Wouldn't be the same visiting grandma & grandpa without blow pops...

J, Dad, and Grandpa hit the links...and Grandpa beat them like always!

J and Christie got baby girl the cutest outfits and blanket! Thanks guys!!

The ladies!

Jason trying to drive Grandpa's riding lawn mower = SCARY
BOTH HANDS ON THE WHEEL BOY!
I love Grandma Lenore so much...sweetest lady on earth!
1 comment:
Thanks for the great post Heather. You took great pictures. You uphold the great tradition of caring and amazing ladies in our family. Seems like you took the best from all! Love, DAD
Post a Comment