Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Squirt B means BOY!!!

We had our big 20 week ultrasound today and were SO EXCITED when the tech exclaimed after about only 5 minutes, "Well, there's the penis!" It was clear as day, that lil' smoky...and Chris and I couldn't be happier! We really wanted to have at least one of each, so we feel very blessed. I was actually having a Braxton Hicks contraction during the ultrasound (explains the cramping I've been feeling lately), so Baby Boy was a little squished, but he still managed to be kicking and moving like crazy the entire time! He looked perfectly healthy...the only thing is they saw a little spot on his heart that they want to take a closer look at. The doc said he is not concerned at all because it is a very normal thing for babies to have (some calcium build-up), AND there weren't any other indicators that would prove anything was wrong - but just to be perfectly safe and cover all the bases, we are going to a perinatologist (a fetal specialist) who can take a really good look and see if it's anything we need to keep an eye on. Of course, as parents, you never want to hear of anything potentially wrong, but we are just praying and trusting the Lord that it truly is nothing and will go away and our baby boy will be 100% healthy - so please pray for our little guy! Here are some pics from the ultrasound...

See where the little arrow is pointing?! BOY!
(you can click on the picture to see it bigger)

Front face shot

3-D shot of our little alien :) I still think he's cute!

Of COURSE we had to go shopping after for some boy gear! I was DYING to buy some clothes for baby boy that say things about mommy cause all the girl clothes Hadley has are all about daddy daddy daddy! Mommy's turn! ;)

4 comments:

Phil and Bri said...

Heather-CONGRATS! So fun!! So cute!! Everything! I will add him to my long list of babies that I am praying for daily!

The Lindermans said...

Thanks Bri! It means so much...

Fuccillo Family said...

little "b" looks like he is already going to have mommy's heart wrapped around his tiny little finger! can't wait! we are so super excited for you guys and continue to pray for healthy lindo baby #2!!!!

Stephanie Doyle said...

Congrats, Heather and Chris! I bet you are so excited! :)