Monday, July 5, 2010

A Little Sparkler and a BIG SHOW!!!

Hope everyone had a great 4th! I talked to my great friend Ashleigh today who is teaching in Korea for a year, and she said the Koreans really don't know how to celebrate the 4th of July very well...I'm not sure why!? HA! ;)

Well...WE GOT IT DOWN!!!

My uncle Scott's side job (outside of teaching and coaching football at Pacific Lutheran University) is to be a pyrotechnician and is hired to shoot off an AMAZING fireworks show at Joint Base Lewis-McChord (formerly Fort Lewis) every year. I have grown up going to his shows and kind of take it for granted...I mean, not everyone gets to spend all day prepping for a huge fireworks show by rolling shells, packing them in tubes laid in sand and then watching first hand from a short distance away while my uncle, aunt Sue (his sister), and a bunch of other football players shoot off a spectacular show - all wearing camo and football helmets. :) Oh yeah, and they shoot the old fashioned way - with flares by hand - unlike the high-tech computerized shows these days.

Anywho - Chris and I unfortunately didn't make it to the show this year with Hadley being so little, but my brother, Jason, who is an amazing photographer/videographer shot a behind-the-scenes video of what it is like to be there and experience how a real-life fireworks show gets shot off. He got some AMAZING footage of my uncle in action, and you can see why my mom is a wreck every year watching her brother and sister in the midst of all of this and cries once she sees my uncle has lit the last shell and everyone is still standing. :)

I must say I'm proud to be an American and I'm proud to be a part of my family!

Check it out!!!

No comments: